Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Petrophysicist
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Provide high-quality petrophysical support to the exploration, appraisal, development, and reservoir management of the Company’s assets as assigned by the Chief Petrophysicist from time to time.
- Continuous evaluation of a producing asset to determine changes in: saturation levels, waterfront/fluid movement, changes in hydrocarbon water contacts; detecting Injecting / Producing Zones, Acidizing Zones, etc.
- Developing cost-effective logging programs: LWD/MWD, wireline, Carbon-Logging; Core programs; etc. Review drilling programs, well proposals, and workover proposals to ensure proper logging requirements.
- Prepare, supervise, and quality control cost-effective logging programs.
- Provide high-quality petrophysical support to the appraisal, development, and reservoir management of the company as assigned by the Chief Petrophysicist from time to time.
- Participate in detailed and integrated sub-surface studies. Conducts routine, well-defined studies to identify the presence of hydrocarbons, and evaluate reservoir characteristics and associated risks and uncertainties.
- Carry out detailed petrophysical analysis in support of the static and dynamic subsurface model, including production of CPI of log data; qualitative and quantitative evaluation of hydrocarbon zones, to determine petrophysical parameters (porosity, water saturation, and salinity, pay thickness, permeability prediction, etc.); saturation height function models based on available data; formation pressure analysis, including core analysis.
- Provide petrophysical inputs to prospect and development planning to ensure an effective data acquisition and logging program.
- Experience in drilling or logging operations, well site geology, and core description and analysis would be an advantage.
- Experience in well and reservoir performance monitoring and data acquisition.
- Experience in participating in data room evaluations and in partnership/JV operations/meetings is an advantage.
- Keeps up to date with changing trends, technical innovation, new techniques, and procedures.
- Mentor, and provide guidance for career and skill development for the production technology staff, and ensure best disciple practices are followed across the organization.
- Specific experience relating to horizontal wells and the interpretation and integration of horizontal Well data into static models is required.
- Gains a basic appreciation of the commercial relationship with logging contractors and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences with a minimum of 7 – 11 years experience, depending on academic qualification. (Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage).
- Logging Program, Procedures, and Operations.
- Experience working with Operator.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to function effectively in multidisciplinary teams, within matrix organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills is required
- Experience at coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Mud Logging and Hydrocarbon Identification.
- Open Hole Log Interpretation.
- Cased Hole Logging Interpretation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply