This is to inform you that Nigeria has launched its Mobile Digital ID App for the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) as a moveable means of valid identification of all citizens of Nigeria.
The NIMC/NIN mobile Digital ID app has been launched on the 31st of December, 2020 and will be fully operational from 5th of January, 2021 and can be downloaded on Google play store or Apple store .
What You Require to Operate or Use the NIMC Mobile Digital ID
- Your National Identification Number (NIN).
- Your phone number (which you used during enrollment for the NIN) – to receive an OTP for installing the Mobile ID app.
- Good Internet connection.
How to Download the NIMC MWS Mobile ID App
- First, make sure any previous (Beta) version of the NIMC MWS Mobile App has been uninstalled from your mobile device.
- Get the app from https://nimcmobile.app >> OR https://web.nimc.gov.ng/mobile-digital-id/
- DO NOT download the app from dubious websites and social media accounts which may be sharing malicious or corrupt app files.
- To print your NIN slip with the QR code and view your mobile app usage records got to https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng >>
- Get your UserID from the Mobile ID app and a one-minute OTP from the “I Need a PIN” button on the app as well – the UserID and OTP are the credentials you use for logging into https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng
- Check all your apps to see if the Mobile ID app was actually installed, first, if you encounter difficulties like an error message during installation.
- In some cases, if you encounter an error, try again.
- For enquires or support, contact email@example.com