Uraga Real Estate Limited (a Honeywell Group Company) is a real estate company committed to creating long-lasting communities by providing creative and sustainable solutions. The company has over 20 cumulative years of experience in Development & Project management, Property & Facilities management and Real Estate & Asset management.
We are at the forefront of transformational and innovative real estate projects, servicing the unique needs of our clients through tailor made real estate solutions. We invest in and develop structures and facilities across residential, retail offices, industrial/distribution warehouses, other commercial properties as well as hospitality facilities in Nigeria’s real estate market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Manager
Location: Asokoro, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Responsible for overseeing, planning, managing and tracking the progress of construction projects in accordance with statutory professional standards, to stipulated quality and in line with international best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Involved in planning entire projects and documentation. This includes budgeting and access to materials required.
- Schedule and coordinate all design and construction processes, including the selection, hiring, and oversight of specialty trade contractors.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines which may require sophisticated estimating and scheduling techniques and use of computers with specialized software.
- Determine labour requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Requisition of supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with delays from bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Construction Manager is to ensure that all works on site are carried out in line with the legal requirements and Building Regulations.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers in adherence to the construction specifications.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting, plumbing, tiling, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s Degree or professional degree in construction management.
- 5 -7 years’ experience in Construction Site Management.
- Must have experience with multi-storey construction.
- Must be Member of relevant professional body in Nigeria (COREN, NSE)
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven working experience in construction management or similar role
- Good knowledge of construction management processes
- Knowledge of current building and construction procurement processes and technologies, sourcing of building materials, business management solutions and legal affairs.
- Knowledge of current technology trends in construction
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Project management software and any other relevant tools required for the role
N350,000 – N400,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th May, 2022.