Swedish AI Fund – This is to notify you that applications are on for the SAIF for AI companies in Africa. For more Information. SAIF is an NGO with the purpose of providing financial aid, grants, and scholarships globally to those who are working, researching, and/or involved in the AI industry towards equality, safety, and security in the field of AI.
To achieve this end, several public and private actors are collaborating in SAIF. In 2022, SAIF is funding 100 million Swedish Krona (approx. Euro 10 million) globally. SAIF is expanding fast to reach more countries. Currently, SAIF is active in 8 countries: Israel, Sweden, Albania, the UK, South Africa, Germany, Georgia, and North Macedonia.
The AI Media Group is the primary launch partner for SAIF in Africa along with launch partners; AWS, Nvidia, Telkom, Embassy of Switzerland SA, Zindi, Cirrus AI and AiCE Kenya. SAIF now invite candidate African AI companies to apply using the application process below.
- To be eligible to receive funds from SAIF you need to apply through SAIF’s official partners and for the initial Africa funding call this is via The AI Media Group.
- SAIF is seeking to fund companies based in Africa primarily at pre-seed stage who have developed solutions and services that leverage AI.
- This fund is available in different forms in limited amounts for specific purposes (typically Euro 10k – Euro 15k) awarded as non-equity micro-seed grants by the SAIF network partners.
- Each year, the board of trustees at the Swedish AI Fund decides the amount and how to make this fund available to a specific group of organisations, institutions, and universities.
- The initial fund being distributed in this Africa call is Euro 96,000.
How to Apply for Swedish AI Fund 2022
You apply, CLICK HERE
Application Closing Date: the deadline for submissions closes on 31st April 2022.
For More Information, Visit the Official Webpage of the Swedish AI Fund (SAIF)