SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Shutdown Manager
Location: Port Harcourt – Rivers or Lagos
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: International Contract
Area Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
Conduct core Shut Down activities through the following:
- Coordinate ALL the preparation activities of the Shut Down as per the approved plan, ensuring
- Material procurement
- Regular liaisons with construction/Maintenance department and site through regular meetings
- Ensuring proper certifications/authorizations from proper authorities
- Valuation of estimated duration, and estimated costs
- Supervise and coordinate to perform a first screening review and nominate modification leaders.
- Resources mobilization
- Cost follow-up
- Updated planning
Conduct core Preparatory activities through the following:
- Coordinate all the preparatory activities related to Operations Shut Down with MTM/INSP/ECP/Site and FM
Coordinate with the various involved parties (production, inspection, maintenance, etc.) the definition of the Shut Down scope of work to cover:
- Work lists
- Planning and POB
- Impact on production and flaring,
- Budget costs,
- Identification of major resources/means requirements,
Call and lead meetings, request evaluation studies, call for various options of planning etc. Conduct Reporting activities through the following:
- Follow-up the Shut Down works performance until completion including issuance of a close out report.
- Ensure update of technical documentation after modification completion
- Ensure strict implementation of Approved Modification Procedure.
- Support the organize technical preparation (technical dossiers) and material preparation (logistics – infrastructures) for all the aspects of Shut Down, with the team and the designated correspondents in the entities of the affiliate
- Coordinate review meetings and reports on progress, cost evaluation, HSE impact, impact on production, fitness for purpose, planning, compliance with plant design specifications.
- Compile synthesis on modifications projects for management reviews
Conduct supervisory activities through the following:
- Coach local engineers when required
- Mentor and coach Senior and Junior Preparators
- Manage efforts of Senior and Junior Preparators
- Perform similar duties as required
- Chartered Engineer (A-levels + 5 years study) or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 10 years’ experience in the construction field on oil and gas production installations,
- Knowledge in Primavera.
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Working language: English, French as an advantage.
- Previous successful Experience in Full Field ShutDown Management of a FPSO.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability.
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations.
- Ability to advise and motivate multi-national teams.
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more
- Extensive Experience in complex offshore project Management
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
- French (C-Professional working proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply