South Africa Field Epidemiology Training Programme 2022/2023 is now open for young health professional in Africa – This is to inform the public, especially those that are interested and qualified for 2022/2023 South Africa Field Epidemiology Training Programme.
As we learnt, South Africa Field Epidemiology Training Programme was developed as a joint collaboration between the National Department of Health (NDOH), the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) of the National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS), the University of Pretoria (UP) and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) office in South Africa.
Requirements and Educational Qualifications for South Africa Field Epidemiology Training Programme
Work experience requirements
- Professional experience in a health field or other fields relevant to health
- Experience of working in the public health system is desirable
Minimal Educational requirements (all degrees should be in health, laboratory or public health-related field from an accredited university):
- A medical, veterinary or dentistry degree; OR
- A doctorate degree in a medical/health-related field; OR
- A master’s degree in a medical or health-related field; OR
- An honour’s/bachelor’s degree with prior research experience
General Selection Criteria
- Be registered with their respective professional bodies
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for use in communication, word processing, analysis, presentation and report generation. Knowledge of a statistical package will be an advantage
- Have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive a hired car
- Provide proof of current physical residential address for future purposes of Domicilium citandi et executandi.
How to Apply