Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Process Analyst
- Transform raw Information Systems data into meaningful insights using interactive and user-friendly dashboards and tools with Microsoft Power BI.
BI Analysis, Development & Support:
- Interacts with the Business Intelligence clients, understanding their business goals and needs to determine how to adequately design Power BI dashboards, reports, and scorecards to achieve these goals.
- Build and optimize these Power BI dashboards, reports, and scorecards.
- Transform data from a variety of data sources and performing required transformations in the Power BI query editor.
- Develop calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Design effective layouts using Data Visualizations best practices.
- Undertake data analyses to support decision making
- Develop production-ready Reports, Dashboards and deploy to corporate platform
- Develop user manual / training documentation and access right for dashboard and reports
- Effectively utilize the navigation features in Power BI (e.g., bookmarks, drill-through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
- Provide technical support and guidance through prototyping, testing, build, and launch of Power BI products.
- Design Data Modelling and Charts
- Engage in BI testing and simulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other related course.
- SQL, Excel & other related IT certifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a similar job.
- Few years of experience in data preparation, data gateway, and data warehousing projects
Knowledge and Skills:
Programming Languages & Environments:
- Power BI and Excel modelling
Platforms & Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X (or, as an alternative, Microsoft Windows).
- Unix (or, as an alternative, Linux).
- Elicitation, Requirement Gathering and Facilitation.
- Good understanding of Power BI is compulsory, and any other BI experience is a plus.
- Good understanding and experience of RDBMS.
- Project Management skills/experience.
- Ability to abstract reality into models.
- Ability to learn and apply technical standards and techniques.
- Inter-personal Skills.
- Time management.
- • Ability to manage priorities and handle stress.
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to details.
- Understanding of both business and technological issues
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent arithmetic, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Attention to details.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply