Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budgeting and Reporting Officer
Requisition Number: BUDGE001683
Job type: Full-time
Job category: Finance
Reports: Global Budgeting and Reporting Manager
Summary of Role
- Supports and leads cost proposals for new business opportunities, analyzes and prepares financial reports, manages financial aspects of a project.
- Analyzes figures and implements recommendations based on findings.
- Guides regional project offices and project staff regarding management of financial, budgetary, and contractual issues.
New Business Cost Proposal:
- Assists to develop cost proposals including budgets, narratives, and any other necessary cost forms. Leads local country staff on the cost proposal process.
- Ensures compliance with donor and Pathfinder requirements.
- Liaises with partner organizations.
- Works with teams to track financial performance against approved budgets, key performance indicators and milestones
- Reviews status projects and budgets and prepares required reports
- Guides project managers in preparing and monitoring expenses and projections.
- Tracks key indicators and project spending for Pathfinder awards.
- Prepares donor required invoices and financial reports in accordance with award terms and condition.
- Works with country office teams to develop budget revisions for existing awards.
- Provides budgetary review for sub-awards and project related procurement.
- Assists in the response of program specific financial audits.
- Maintains award data in Pathfinder’s award management system.
- Works with and supports country teams on any necessary budget revisions. Assists in the preparation of country office annual budgets.
Project forecast tracking:
- Maintains and updates project forecasts in databases and tracks budget vs actuals monthly and quarterly.
- Works with GB&R Manager to provide training to country office staff to improve financial management capacity of staff.
- Works with GB&R Manager to train and inform non-finance staff on financial procedures.
- Ensures financial management of Pathfinder award complies with Pathfinder policies and procedures and applicable donor rules and regulations.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management, or related field, or equivalent, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- 4 years’ professional experience working in finance, financial monitoring, policies, and administration
- USAID: Experience with USAID rules and regulations, and other governmental and non-governmental donor agencies
- Strategic Planning: Proven ability to forecast issues in advance to prevent potential impact, both internally and externally.
- Systems and Tools: Knowledge of finance and accounting software.
- Training and Development: Ability to train and coach others on financial related topics.
- Work experience with a multinational organization
- Cost Proposals: signification experience preparing, leading, and submitting cost proposals from a variety of donors.
- Budgeting: ability to prepare and guide others in preparing budgets for projects
- Risk analysis and forecasting: proven ability to identify areas of risk, build cost assumptions and forecast financial performance
- Financial reporting: ability to develop and deliver required financial reports in a timely manner
Preferred Competence and Work Experience:
- Finance and Accounting Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of and ability to use finance and accounting principles and methods, techniques, and systems of financial management and be able to guide and implement best administrative and financial
- Management and Leadership: Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Work experience with US government grants and contracts
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to work and collaborate in teams
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Serenic/Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience. Advanced knowledge of third-party software for reporting and analytics (JET).
- Work experience in international Finance and Accounting in an organization of at least $50M in revenue with multiple international offices
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Technology to be Used:
- Uses cellular and office phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Less than 10%.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th March, 2023.
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
Leave a Comment