The Residents Visa 2021 will be available to most worked-related Visa holders, including essential skills, work to Resident and Post Study Work Visas and their immediate family members.
New Zealand Visa – Eligibility Status
To be eligible, the principal applicants must be in New Zealand on 29th of September 2021 and must hold or applied for, and must subsequently grant one of the eligible work visas. They must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Lived in New Zealand for three or more years
- Earn above the median wage that is, $27 per hour or more
- Work in a role on the long-term skill shortage list.
- Hold occupational skill registration and work in the health or education sector
- Work in personal care or other critical health worker roles
- Work in specified role in the primary Industries.
New Zealand Visa – Visa Availability
The Visa will also be available for all those who enter New Zealand as critical workers and their families, for six month roles or longer until July 31st, 2022. Visa holders can also include their partners or dependent on their application.
New Zealand Visa – Application Process
The application process for the Resident 2021Visa is simplified to deal with the applications as quickly as possible. Applicants will still need to meet health requirements and pass Police and security checks, as required under the current application process.
The One-off arrangements for the new 2021 Resident Visa would see the majority of applications granted within a year of the category opening.
The Government is responsible for rebalancing the immigration systems for those who can come to work, study and live in New Zealand once our border reopens.