The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, RSSH / C19RM
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Supervisor: RSSH / C19 Project Coordinator
Duration of Contract: 22 months
- The Program Officer position is responsible for providing support to programs (both C19 and RSSH) on ensuring smooth implementation, including working with the communication and documentation to identify communications opportunities and strategies to raise awareness about RSSH-C19RM.
- He/She will support the Project Coordinator to identify bottlenecks to smooth implementation and follow-up on resolution of the challenges.
- Coordinate report writing and analyses of programmatic activities
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of RSSH-C19RM of Grant Management activities
- Support the standardization of reporting and information processes across all units
- Provide administrative support, including dashboard and database management, and supporting the team with travel logistics
- Ensure that plans (procurement, training, risk management, etc) are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored, updated, and reported on in line with GF policies and guidelines and terms of grant agreement.
- Assist in developing contingency plans and adjusting programming to respond to new and emerging operational challenges
- Work with Communications and Documentations Officer to identify communications opportunities and strategies to raise awareness about RSSH-C19RM
- Support and contribute to the overall functions of the RSSH-C19RM PMU
- Attend meetings (i.e., meeting with GF, with SRs during program review, RSSH – C19RM leadership meetings), document the minutes and follow up on the next steps
- Support the Project Coordinator to identify bottlenecks to smooth implementation and follow up on resolution of the challenges
- MBBS, B.Sc, BA. Master’s in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of health systems and development programming in a developing country particularly Nigeria.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations will be an added advantage.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding COVID-19 infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi sectorial development project.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Closing Date: Monday, 31st January 2022