MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Database & Storage Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of databases.
- He or She will also be involved in the planning and development of the database and storage systems in MainOne, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- He or She will evaluate relevant trends and suggest changes, enhancements/ upgrades, or eliminations to Main One’s existing environment and provide innovative, reliable, and high-quality database solutions for the Company.
The specific responsibilities will include:
- Design/implement data persistence solutions with the right database solution.
- Implementation of best practice guidelines and policies relating to databases as well as capacity planning of databases, storage and backup.
- Ownership of operational stability of business-critical database instances.
- Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support and problem analysis as may be assigned by the manager.
- Managing and supporting the SAN Environment
- Operation and support of data enterprise backup systems
- Scheduling of backup jobs based on documented procedures and schedules.
- Providing improvement feedback on backup procedures and standards.
- SQL and DB performance tuning, reporting and forecasting.
- Developing and refining of backup procedures and policy.
- Creating of automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment)
- Working with infrastructure owners to test and verify integrity of data archives.
- Storage management, including storage design, configurations, implementation, additions and consolidations.
- Storage capacity planning and implementation.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in Database Administration
- Certifications in VMware, EMC and/or other related certifications
- Virtualization/Storage/Back up Technologies is an added advantage
- Certification in Oracle and SQL Databases
Demands of the Job
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills (at C Level)
- Strong storage design and administration is an added advantage.
- High level of Integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with highly confidential information
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply