Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sachet Machine Operator
Job ID: JR1063659
Location: Benin, Edo
Job Type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Spirits Sachet Machine Operator will be operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment in a safety conscious manner to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost-efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and PIPs in their department and for their own training and development. They will report directly to the Team Lead Spirit Operations.
- To produce spirits at customer service levels, quality conformance at the right budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/excellent teammate.
- Deliver good hygienic practices to guarantee asset care within the department for plants & machinery.
- The operator should be able to analyze production and engineering work schedules and make decisions which ensure that all targets and standards within own shift and the next 24hrs are met.
- Ensures both bottle and label wastes are within AOP. Deliver best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimize finished product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track.
- Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices and assist colleagues in breakdown maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- With support from Spirits Operations Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed tasks.
- Carries out the packaging of spirits in sachet and oversee the coding of the sachets.
- Enforce all GNPLC policy and procedures for Safety, Health and Environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
- Use and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- OND / Trade test (City and Guild) or any nationally recognized equivalent in any of Mechanical / Electrical/ Instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition.
- Demonstrate understanding of collaboration principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across situations/challenges.
- High level of energy and commitment to team-based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply