Meta (Formerly Facebook) builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer, New Product Experimentation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The New Product Experimentation (NPE) team’s mission is to build products that matter to the world. We are an organization of passionate and talented builders focused on developing a pipeline of new applications and experiences that can change people’s lives and everyday experiences.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer versed in building mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
- Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Work closely with product teams to build new and innovative application experiences for Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Build spec-perfect, performant products across both iOS & Android mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
- Extensive experience building React Native applications for Android & iOS
- Understanding of GraphQL query language and core concepts
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Start up experience, creative, scrappy, high attention to detail, and extreme interest in craft
- Expertise of working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio/IntelliJ
- Experience building natively Android
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply