The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Collection Consultant (Consultant to Carry Out ToR End line SEL Data Collection for SENSE Activity)
Locations: Gombe and Adamawa
Nature of Employment: Part-Time-Projects
Reports to (Supervisor): Chief of Party
Duration of the Project: Four Weeks
- The Strengthening Education in North East Nigeria (SENSE) Project funded by USAID is a three-year basic education project whose goal is to improve reading outcomes for learners in lower primary grades through teacher training, improved community engagement and provision of teaching and learning materials.
- The Activity is currently being implemented in 335 schools of 22 intervention LGAs of Adamawa and Gombe states. Among some of the Activity impact areas for the life of the project include improving the teaching skills of 5000 teachers, and improving reading skills in Hausa language of 200,000 learners in primary grades 1, 2 and 3.
- In November 2020, the activity collected baseline social and emotional learning data from a representative sample of 153 learners in Adamawa and 230 learners in Gombe State in 335 intervention schools at the 22 LGAs across the two states.
- In October 2021, the SENSE Activity will collect end line SEL data from a similar sample of learners in the two states to measure change in SEL in the target learners and by so doing show if the activities have had an impact on the learner.
- As a result of this need, the SENSE activity seeks the services of an experienced independent consultant to lead the end line data collection and develop a report.
The consultant will plan for and conduct end line SEL data collection from 153 learners in Adamawa and 230 learners in Gombe State in 335 intervention schools in 22LGAs across the two states. Specific activities include:
- Development of a comprehensive work plan including a detailed methodology, report format and revised timeline if appropriate.
- Recruiting enumerators
- Field work supervision and data quality controls
- Data cleaning
- Data analysis and report writing
- Training of enumerators
- Field data collection using SEL tool
Duration and Timing of the Assessment
This is estimated at 30 days, to include but not limited to the following:
- Desk review of baseline assessment
- Inception report presentation
- Training of Enumerators
- Data collection and analysis etc.
- Draft of process report
- At least a Master’s Degree in Education, Psychology and or other relevant Social Sciences.
- Experience in conducting social and emotional learning assessment.
- Native Hausa language speaker.
- Working knowledge of terrain in Northeast Nigeria
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs – AUN salary scale.
How to Apply American University of Nigeria Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
Application Guidelines and Selection Criteria
Interested applicants should submit a detailed technical proposal which should include the following components:
- Demonstrate competence and qualification to meet stated objectives of the organizational performance assessment
- Cost proposal for executing the assignment including any additional resources needed.
- The deadline for application and submission of technical proposal is September 15, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Website at www.aun.edu.ng
Application Deadline 15th September, 2021.