Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Claims Assessor
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
Job Purpose & Accountabilities
- Provide an independent and professional evaluation of EPC contractor Variation Requests (incl. claims), preparation of responses to contractor and submissions to Tender Board and other senior review bodies.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Draft opinions on entitlement and assessment of claims.
- Verify quantity elements of contract VRs – measure and value the work done on-site
- Scrutinize cost estimates and prepare company estimates.
- Maintain an overview of all commercial matters (variations, claims, disputes).
- Ensure disciplined project records are maintained in a manner that supports effective claims management.
- Review / monitor correspondence, meeting minutes and progress reports for early claims signaling.
- Provide ad-hoc advice to the Project Team and the C&P function with respect to any contractual, variation or claim related matters
- Coordinate variation clarification meetings between owners’ team and contractor.
- Attend contract meetings and produce accurate minutes of proceedings and follow up necessary actions to ensure the contract process is satisfied
- in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Provide claims and contract management awareness training.
- MRICS preferred.
- A University Degree in Law, Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Business or Financial management or other related discipline.
- Membership of a professional body such as MIArb, MRICS, ACIPS or ISM is an advantage.
- 10 years post graduate experience in a contract engineer, legal or QS role preferably in an Oil & Gas Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- project environment, or, industry involving projects, construction, maintenance, shutdowns and facilities management.
- Excellent letter/report/analysis writing and computing skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Ability to work across international/cultural boundaries.
- Strong team player with good communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience of a variety of contract types and reimbursement mechanisms.
- Demonstrable experience in defending against claims and variations and their management.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Functionally & administratively reports to: Contract Claims Lead
- Fluent in English, written and verbally.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th October, 2022.